Sunday, July 17, 2011

Hello, little one.

Well it wasn’t exactly a return with a bang, more like a soft thud and a whimper, but I am back, and with news.

The mister and I are expecting a daughter. I’m 20 weeks along and everything is looking good. The puking has stopped (FINALLY), I’m starting to feel better, and I already love the little squirmy girl more than I thought I could.

Several days ago I was sitting on the couch and a felt a burbling in my gut. Thinking it was gas (pregnancy is SO GASSY), I turned to the mister and said, “I’m sorry, but that is going to be a wicked fart when it works its way out.” A few moments later I realized that it wasn’t gas, it was the baby. 

A week later we had the ultrasound and, oh, the child is definitely my husband’s as she refused to cooperate for a good portion of the ultrasound, leading the sonographer to push, poke, and jab at my belly to get the baby to just roll over already!

We’re over the moon!


NGS said...

Congrats!! I can't wait to hear all about how everything is going (and how your pregnant self is handling this HEAT).

Tara A. said...

Hey Erin,

Congrats!!! I am so happy for you guys. I wish you all the best with this pregnancy