Sunday, July 17, 2011

Hello, little one.


Well it wasn’t exactly a return with a bang, more like a soft thud and a whimper, but I am back, and with news.

The mister and I are expecting a daughter. I’m 20 weeks along and everything is looking good. The puking has stopped (FINALLY), I’m starting to feel better, and I already love the little squirmy girl more than I thought I could.

Several days ago I was sitting on the couch and a felt a burbling in my gut. Thinking it was gas (pregnancy is SO GASSY), I turned to the mister and said, “I’m sorry, but that is going to be a wicked fart when it works its way out.” A few moments later I realized that it wasn’t gas, it was the baby. 

A week later we had the ultrasound and, oh, the child is definitely my husband’s as she refused to cooperate for a good portion of the ultrasound, leading the sonographer to push, poke, and jab at my belly to get the baby to just roll over already!



We’re over the moon!

2 comments:

NGS said...

Congrats!! I can't wait to hear all about how everything is going (and how your pregnant self is handling this HEAT).

Tara A. said...

Hey Erin,

Congrats!!! I am so happy for you guys. I wish you all the best with this pregnancy